Fat melting system
Example high capacity project including fats and oil: the fats/yellow grease are collected in barrels. These fats still include fines from the cooking process. The clients wanted to clean liquid fats which could be sold. Mavitec Green Energy developed the fat melting bins. This system has a unique design because it was developed in cooperation with a client. The fat melting system consists of a stainless steel melting bin, a sediment conveyor for the solids, multiple drain points for the melted fats and oils, and a hydraulic moveable floor.
- The used cooking fats are collected in collection boxes or barrels
- The collection boxes and barrels are transported to the fat melting bin by a belt conveyor
- The collection boxes and barrels are placed on the hydraulic moveable floor from the fat melting bin
- The lids of the barrels can be transported with an optional monorail system to a cleaning system
The hydraulic moveable floor including the collection boxes and barrels sinks into a warm bath of fats, in order to melt the fats out of the collection boxes and barrels
- The impurities sink to the bottom of the bin by settling
- The clean fats are pumped to the next step in the process
- The settled impurities are conveyed out of the bottom of the bin
- After the melting process the moveable floor is raised and the empty barrels and collection boxes can be transported with an optional monorail system to cleaning system.